Friday, June 8, 2018

Waiting for the fat lady...


I love errant attribution. Like the Ugaritic "psalms" being written by the mythical King David of the mythical United Monarchy.



I have often heard: "Yogi Berra said 'the game ain't over 'til the fat lady sings'."



In the 25 years that I worked in over-the-air television, I never met a jock that was staggering under the load of a heavy intellect.

Texas Tech sports information director Ralph Carpenter said it. When the Aggies rallied for a 72–72 tie late in the SWC tournament finals, Bill Morgan said, "this... is going to be a tight one after all." "Right", said Ralph, "the opera ain’t over until the fat lady sings."

Who cares, really? It's chump change compared to the Donald's whoppers.

Well, if my cancer ever slept, it's waking up. So I am waiting for the fat lady to sing.



"Physicians are much more likely to decline “heroic” measures, such as CPR, mechanical ventilation, feeding tubes, etc."



The Radiolab show (worth listening to) IS FOUND HERE.

In 70 years, I have raised more than my share of hell. I'm o.k. with the closing credits. No Chemo, no dialysis.

Medical resources are best spent on the young.



Self-entitled republican old-farts wouldn't recognize a good time if it hit them in the ass with a wet mop!



No reunion for me. I donated my guitars, amps, and other stuff to Royal-Sunset High School. Yes, electric guitars are part of the curriculum.

The Starcaster wes set up for Jazz.

And the Les Paul was a Rocker.

BTW, I like Sweetwater. Bought a lot of gear there at reasonable prices.



Catch you on the replay. I hope television gets a little better by then. Today? 1,000 channels of nothing to watch.



I will just wait...





No comments: